The AutoMARK Voter Assist Terminal (VAT) is a ballot marker designed for use by people who are unable to personally mark an optical scan ballot due to physical impairments or language barriers.
The AutoMARK is a hybrid of several devices: a scanner, printer, touch screen display, and input device, all controlled by a single board computer.
- Concept through production
- Concurrent engineering across a multi-company/multi-disciplinary development & manufacturing team
- Multi-technology development: mechanical, electrical & software
- Compliance with rigid FEC & HAVA standards
- Compressed production tooling development cycle
- Vendor sourcing research and approval
- Working with the VAT inventor, DGI created mechanical feasibility prototypes to prove the concept
- Industrial design to work out the design, followed by prototype design
- Commercial design for manufacturing
- Agency approval
- Tooling approval
All tasks were completed in a 2 year period.
DiMonte Group continues to assist AutoMARK Technical Systems with production engineering support and future product development.