The Echo-Screen III® by Natus is a screening device for detecting hearing problems in newborns, identifying issues early enough for corrective measures to be taken.
DiMonte Group was enlisted by Natus late in the product development cycle to complete the production design of the Echo-Screen III® while maintaining the overall look that had been accepted by their marketing department.
Working closely with Natus and their molder, AIM plastics, DiMonte Group turned around a ground-up redesign of the product on a rush basis.
- Redesigned the hand held unit and charging base to fit larger components than originally anticipated without effecting footprint or general “feel” of the product
- Corrected multiple significant molding issues
- Identified fundamental structural issue and reinforced with stamped metal
- Reduced the overall part count relative to the design that was inherited
- Developed entirely new components and product-line extensions that maintained the brand identity/design language inherited at the start of the project
- Delivered tool-ready CAD files. AIM plastics later reported the CAD they received from us provided the smoothest rollout to production that they had ever experienced
Product hyperlink: http://www.natus.com/index.cfm?page=products_1&crid=969
AIM plastic hyperlink: http://www.aimplastics.com/