DiMonte Group was approached by Bike Fixtation to support their company in designing a dramatically different looking public works self-service bicycle kiosk — the Deluxe Public Work Stand. This task evolved into a wonderful collaboration whereby DiMonte Group championed the industrial design aspect and Bike Fixtation maintained the fabrication and engineering. Some industrial design practices incorporated into this project included:
- Concept “sketch” 3D models that incorporate both aesthetic and functional considerations
- Improvements to current state of the art to set this product apart from competitors
With our diverse experience, DiMonte Group was privileged to also support the engineering efforts with the following insights:
- Material selection for required environment, including galvanic corrosion considerations
- Design for manufacturing (DFM) – process recommendation of casting components with attention to cost reduction in labor and materials
- Robust design – hardware and materials were selected with the knowledge that this product would be subject to potential vandalism
DiMonte Group’s ability to manage a tight budget for design, expedited project delivery and continued support helped Bike Fixtation realize this project into a manufactured product that is currently on market.